Saturday, May 10, 2008

Can you eat breakfast twice in one day?

I got up early with Little Food Gal this morning, about 5 a.m. I had some Trail Mix crunch with almonds and raisins. Why do the boxes/advertisements for any post grape nuts/trail mix cereals act like the only people who eat these go hiking all the time? Is that their target audience? I mean, what if a guy is 317 pounds, loves to snowmobile and works part-time as a clown? Why can't he be the kind of guy who eats Trail Mix crunch? Why can't this guy be on the box or in the commercials?

Anyway, I ate the cereal, and after LFG ate and seemed to get tired, I went and laid down and went back to sleep until about 9 a.m. I got up thinking, what do I do know? Do I eat breakfast again, or do I eat lunch? Is it breakfast, or is it lunch? To make a long story short, I didn't actually eat until about 10:43, when I had an egg salad sandwich, some tortilla chips and a diet coke.

But, back to the topic of discussion. In most peoples view, 9 a.m. is still breakfast time. However, The Food Guy doesn't follow most peoples eating patterns/habits. Really, eating lunch at 9 a.m. is no different than eating lunch at noon if you have been up since 5. How so? Well, there is a four hour difference, similar to many people who eat breakfast at 8 and lunch at Noon. Therefore, if you get up at 5 and eat, then eat four hours later, it's just like the person on the 8/Noon schedule. So, what does a person do - do they eat breakfast or do they eat lunch?

And if you eat lunch at 9 a.m., then do you have dinner at about 1 or 2, or is it lunch again?

Tough dilemma to figure out. You decide.

No comments: