Friday, September 13, 2013

Share charges suck

I've never done it myself - share a plate at a restaurant. You know, one couple order one meal and share it. But it happens, I suppose.

Anyway, why can some restaurants get away with charging a $3 share charge for example? If one wants to go to a restaurant and order one menu item and share it, so be it. What if one was eating by themself? It's no different if two people are eating one meal.

I really don't think it costs them $3 to bring out an extra plate and for the dishwasher to wash it, so it's a bogus charge.

The simple solution is to both order a meal. But, in some cases - with people I don't know - there may be a need to share a meal. Maybe you ate earlier and want to eat again and just want to share some food, I understand that. But it's not right for a restaurant to charge a share charge for sharing a plate. We are the customer and we decide what we eat and how we eat it.

So, EAT!

No comments: