Thursday, October 9, 2008

Food Stares

I just ate the new chicken pizzaiola from Subway, it was quite tasty. I had it on Italian bread, and it comes with pepperoni and chicken, topped with red sauce and your choice of cheese (American). I added salt and pepper and oregano and parmesan cheese. I am not usually a big fan of red sauce on chicken, but this was a good sub.

As I was walking back to my desk with my Subway, I checked out what other people were carrying. Then it dawned on me how people look at you different if you walk with a Subway bag instead of say, McDonald’s or Burger King or something.

If you walk with Subway people look at you like “oh Subway, that guy must be concerned about his health. He must be healthy or trying to eat what’s right.”

But If it’s McDonald’s or BK, or Taco Bell you are looked at like a bum in Beverly Hills. “Oh, look at that guy eating McDonald’s. Geez, does he really need to eat that? Good job chubby, keep eating the fatty food.”

They don’t say anything, but you can tell by the looks, the stares, the body language and facial expressions.

But you know what? Deep down they are really saying “ooh yeah, I could go for a Big Mac, a Whopper or a six pack of tacos and a bean burrito.”

Bottom line: Eat what you want and stare back.

No comments: