Thursday, June 5, 2008

Travel skips

Why is it that people think they are cooler than they are because they are at an airport or traveling? Last night I went to get the late menu from the hotel bar – I was craving some buffalo wings and it wasn’t on the room service list – and I walked into the bar area, and there was some skip, all loud and drunk, talking to some gals saying “Aruba is great, but the whole Caribbean is just a great experience, I go their all the time.” I was at the hotel bar for about two minutes – they didn’t have wings so I left – but I just got the feel there were a bunch of annoying business heads of all ages who just wanted to stand around and pretend they were important because they were on business and had an expense account. They probably wanted to party with people from the trade show to show them how cool they are or how much they can drink. Nothing wrong with having a few cold one’s or stiff drinks, but don’t try to be somebody you are not. You’re really not that important.

You might think - what does this have to do with food? Well, if I never went to get those buffalo wings, I never would have got to witness guys trying to be Bobby Big Shot.

Anyway, still at the airport, and still watching people get in line at the KFC. Oh, their poor stomachs.

No comments: