Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Black olives vs. Green olives

I’ve been a big fan of black olives on my sub sandwiches lately. This morning I was eating a footlong roast beef sub and it was tasty with black olives. Why doesn’t Subway have green olives available?

Do you like the whole olives or the cut olives? Pimento in or pimento out?

I like black olives on my sub, but on pizza I prefer green olives. Food gal loves green olives. Her favorite pizza is sausage, onion and green olive. I am more of a sausage, onion and mushroom kind of guy but that’s another story.

So, when it comes down to it, what is better the black olive or the green olive? Do you ever combine the two, say in a cold pasta salad? Do you ever get both olives on your pizza?

And what’s up with olive oil, why is it green? How come black olive oil isn’t made? Are their racial tensions in the world of olives, discrimination against the “black” olive?

Both have their pluses and minuses – which do you prefer?

No comments: