Sunday, July 14, 2013

Breakfast Buffets

Had some great food on the trip. Included was southern fried pork fritters, cheesy southern grits with rock shrimp and red peppers (fantastic), beef tenderloin, tortilla soup, spinach, and one of the greatest breakfast buffets I have ever been a part of. It had everything. I went heavy on the fruit and yogurt (and of course the bacon and sausage). I don’t like to overbeef at breakfast so I avoided the French toast, pancakes, syrup and other pastries. But I had some scrambled eggs, stuffed roma tomatoes, blueberries, strawberries, berries, a few hashy b’s and lots of orange juice and water.

I’m not a big breakfast guy, but this was a big breakfast for The Food Guy, guy. It was fantastic.

At an evening dinner I made friends with one of the chefs who carves the meat. The second time I went up he spotted me and had my beef ready. I asked him if he got it ready and saw me coming and he said “Oh yeah, from about 100 yards away I knew you were coming.”

No comments: