Monday, July 29, 2013

Pilot's and Popeye's Fried Chicken

Had Popeye’s Fried Chicken for the first time ever last night. Was quite tasty – had the spicy cajun chicken breast. I was debating to eat it since I just had a cheeseburger and fries and four tall glasses of beer. But, I was near a Popeye’s and had to try it

It was pretty good – but I’d be cautious about eating a lot or on a regular basis.

My flight was delayed for a few hours so I had some down time. When I was eating the Popeye’s, I saw what turned out to be the pilots of my flight eating Popeye’s. They even passed me getting on the plane with a bag of Popeye’s.

As I flew I wondered if they were eating the chicken, digging through the bag as we were flying. You know, like one does when driving, yet on a plane.

Pilot A: Hey Dewey can you pass me a leg?

Pilot B: Sure, oh wait, I ate the leg, you get the thigh.

Pilot B then reaches over to Pilot A and hands him the chicken.

I wonder if, when eating and a piece of chicken falls down and Pilot A has to pick it up, what the risk is when flying, and how it differs than when driving?

It then got me thinking….what do you do when you are a pilot and just ate, and then get gassy? You can’t really roll down your window to let the smell out?

Pilot A: Uh-oh, I think I am going to fart.

Pilot B: Aww man, come on, roll your window down if you do.

Pilot A: Ummm, I can’t really.

Pilot B; Man, you stink, that’s awful.

I think pilots deal with the same food issues the rest of use do. They eat, pass gas, and share and talk about food like the rest of us…they just can’t roll the window down.

No comments: